Deadlines for application at Swiss universities are variable, depending on each university, and sometimes it also depends on your qualifications or if you need to apply for a student visa. Students are usually advised to submit their applications in the spring semester for studies beginning the following academic year.
- Fall semester: start of December – end of April.
- Spring semester: start of May- end of November.
- If a visa for Switzerland is required, the following deadlines are recommended: start of December – end of February for the fall semester and start of May – end of September for the spring semester.
In some cases, applications for Ph.D. candidates have different deadlines:
- For the fall semester: until mid- October
- For the spring semester: until the end of March