Masters in Australia for International Students 2020-2021
Australia is home to some of the top universities in the world and it is in fact the third most popular study abroad destination for international students. The Oceanic nation has built a strong reputation of excellence and quality across its higher education and training programs. As of 2009, 41 Australian universities offer Master’s degrees that are recognized all over the world.
Benefits of pursuing Masters in Australia
A Master’s degree offers a mastery or high-order overview of a field of study of professional practice. Here are some of the benefits of pursuing masters in Australia:
- Personality development and enhancement of skills by managing projects, working in teams, speaking publicly and giving presentations from time to time.
- Increasing knowledge or gaining mastery in a particular discipline.
- Students get an opportunity to connect with other students belonging to diversified cultural backgrounds
- Move up the career ladder and gain a higher starting remuneration
- Better learning opportunities as students are required to work in a local company, gain the insights of the industry and get an exposure to the real world working.
How to select the university for your Master’s degree?
Selecting a university is one of the toughest and most important tasks to do. You need to take care of the following things:
- Excellent reputation of the university– Ensure the university you select provides high quality education and has excellent teaching standards.
- Location– Analyze the location of the university and its nearby areas you are choosing to study in as you have to stay there for a year or two.
- Tuition fee– Consider comparing the tuition fee of universities before finalizing them.
- International student support– It is advised to select a university that has a well-planned structure for international students which includes orientation to the university, accommodation help and other advice services.
Requirements for admission in Australian universities
Entry into most master’s courses in Australia typically need a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university and proficiency in English language. IELTS score is also required by many universities for admission. Most universities also have additional entry requirements, such as prior knowledge in certain subjects, work experience or the successful completion of an audition, portfolio, interview or test.