IMMIGRATION SERVICES - SOUTH AFRICA
Getting work visa in South Africa is easy if you plan well
South Africa has been one of the preferred places from ages for exciting work opportunities. With the modernization and industrialization in the recent times, it has become furthermore lucrative/ Whether you are a foreign national who wants to explore the unlimited growth opportunities there or you want to join your spouse who is already there from some time; you need to know about the immigration rules and work visa formalities.
In the era of Information Technology, nothing is impossible. Especially, when it comes gathering information about something, you have the powerful tool named Internet.
How to apply?
You need to offer proof of experience and educational qualification in the field you are applying for. The list must be referred from the official sources of information. You can contact the respective South African authorities.
List of documents
Properly filled application form in the format mentioned by the consulate, embassy or Department of Home Affairs.
SAQA (The South African Qualifications Authority) has defined the proof of qualifications so that the review and scrutiny process become easy. You should refer the list of qualifications and submit the same.
You need to get the police verification letter. It should be issued by the police authorities of the country you have been residing or working for more than 12 months. The clearance certificate issued by the police is mandatory for all people above 18 years of age.
Every company must publish the requirement in the local newspaper, and it must submit a documentary proof that it wants to hire a foreign national because no suitable South African candidate is available. A copy of it is attached to the Work Visa application form. You should get it from the employer.
The terms and conditions of your employment, duration, and the proof of repatriation deposit are to be submitted.
You need to undergo a medical examination and get the report. It proves your physical and mental fitness. Submit the same to the authorities.
Does the nature of job require you to get registered with some professional organization? If yes, then you should attach the document.
Give the personal details such as proof of age (usually the birth certificate), marriage certificate, divorce papers if applicable, passport and the detailed CV.
You need to be systematic and methodical while preparing for a work permit in South Africa. It helps in getting the visa on the first attempt!
Critical skills worker visa for South Africa.
Critical skills worker visa is issued to the applicant, who possess extra ordinary skills or qualification that insufficient in South Africa. The critical skills worker visa is issued for the period of five years, if there is no offer for employment a critical skills worker visa will not be issued more than one year. Spouse and dependent children of a holder of critical skill worker visa will get an extra visa which validity is not exceeding more than the holder of critical skills worker visa.
keep in Mind- according to regulation of the immigration act 2014, only machine readable travel document (MRTDs) will be accepted on submission of visa application and at the time of part of entry, no extended pass port will be accepted at least two unissued or blank pages in the pass port is must for affixing the visa and other endorsement of entry/departure stamp by south African immigration service.
How does a critical skills visa work?
Unlike other work visa categories, and very importantly, the critical skills visa application is not judged on the applicant having a job offer. Rather it first looks at the educational subject matter where the shortage exists and then the specific skill shortage occupations within this.
The critical skills list includes a vast array of professions and qualifications – from architects to sheep shearers. Other skills include the following:
Agriculture, Agricultural Operations and Related Sciences
- Agricultural Engineer
- Agricultural Scientist
- Forestry Technician
- Sheep Shearer
- Architecture and the Built Environment
- Construction Project Manager
- Land Surveyor
- Quantity Surveyor
- Urban and Regional Planner
- Business, Economics and Management Sciences
- Actuaries and Risk Assessor
- Corporate General Manager
- External Auditor
- Financial Investment Advisor
- Information and Communications Technology
CISCO Solution Specialist
- Proof of itinerary or reservation of round-trip Air ticket is needed .The applicant should not purchase Air ticket until he obtain a South African visa.
- Medical report of prescribed form (physical) or certificate must not be older than six month at the time of submission of application. On prescribed for radiological report (chest x-Ray) is not required of in respect of children under the age of 12 years or pregnant woman.
- Proof of financial means in the form of recent three months bank statements dully signed and stamped by the authority of related bank.
- Proof of accommodation confirm of hotel reservation or letter of invitation from the host of with proof address (relative or friend) in South Africa.
- Marriage or separation certificate in the case of a foreign spousal relationship proof of official recognition. Thereof issued by the authorities of the foreign country of the applicant.